Welcome to Riverport Medical Practice
Riverport Medical Practice has three surgeries, Orchard Site (St Ives), Parkhall Site (Somersham) and Fenstanton Site.
We are able to offer you appointments at all sites, giving you more choice of doctors and nurses with whom you may consult. We have a choice of both male and female GPs as well as Nurse Practitioners, Practice Nurses and Healthcare Assistants. The Practice currently operates under a telephone triage system, this means you will be offered a telephone consultation with a clinician before a face to face appointment.
Due to the current Coronavirus outbreak, the Practice has changed some processes and procedures to help our team and patients during this challenging time.
Please do not come down to the Practice unless you have been asked to do so by a clinician.
Parkhall Dispensing Patients: We are currently reviewing our dispensing processes. Please bear with us during this time. Many dispensed prescriptions will now be available to collect from Orchard site instead of Parkhall site.
- We are currently operating reduced services across the Practice. Please bear with our staff during this time. Do not contact the Practice for routine matters which are not urgent or medically necessary. We are not able to offer face to face consultations for any non-urgent matters. Face to face consultations will only be offered at the discretion of our clinicians, and to patients who have been triaged for COVID-19. Do not come to the Practice with any queries. Only come to the Practice if you have medication to collect, or have been invited in to an appointment by a clinician. If you have any urgent queries please telephone our reception team.
- During this time it is possible that not all our sites will remain open for the usual opening hours.
Riverport Medical Practice would like to invite you to join DoctorLink.
We have been looking at how we can improve access to Practice services; DoctorLink is our new online service where you can access advice and request appointments online.
Sign-up is simple and you can create an account here Register for DoctorLink
For all urgent appointments, we ask that you undertake a symptom assessment through DoctorLink.
The symptom assessment will ask you a number of questions to help to identify your problem.
The outcome of your assessment will direct you to the right treatment, whether emergency care, your GP, nurse or self-care.
If your outcome indicates that an appointment is required at your GP practice, you simply click on the “request an appointment” button.
Once the request has been submitted, you will then be contacted by the Practice Team, to arrange an appointment within the identified timeframe (as outlined in the outcome of your symptom checker).
The information you provide will be shared with our clinical team (where appropriate) and will assist in providing robust information of your problem to the required clinical team member prior to your appointment.
What to do if you have symptoms
Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- a high temperature
- a new continuous cough
This will help to protect others in your community while you are infectious.
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
You do not need to contact NHS 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
Please follow Government advice and instruction:
You should only leave the house for very limited purposes:
- shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible.
- one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household.
- any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
- travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home.
These reasons are exceptions - even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household.
Patients of our practice are now able to book routine appointments to be seen by doctors, nurses and healthcare assistants in the evenings and at weekends in Extended Access - a new service provided by West Cambs Federation. This service is available to all patients in this area seven days a week in sessions at four clinics:
- Acorn Surgery, Oak Drive, Huntingdon.
- Buckden Surgery, Mayfield. Buckden.
- Cornerstone Surgery, Elwyn Road, March.
- Cromwell Place Surgery, Cromwell Place, St. Ives.
You can make an appointment at any of the sites - not just the one nearest to your home.
To book an appointment contact us on either 01480 466611 or 01487 740888 and we will book your appointment for you.
(Site updated 18/05/2020)